During the very tedious work on paint touch-ups on the KM caused by a 'catastrophe' during the attempt of using liquid tape as simulation of the rubber-gasket on the shell , I got some solace by working on the M-10005's front grills...it seems that they are close to the prototype and even (almost) symmetrically on left and right. Since the front end of the nose consists of compound curves in every direction, shaping the frame and the horizontal ribs was a trial-and error process.
Additionally the door frames and further grills on the side were attached.
Paint job isn't finished - the separation between gray and blue in the cab's door area has to be shifted a bit downwards to become straight. However, the slightly downwards orientation below the side windows is prototypically - as the slightly inclined upper separation over the side grills.
And yes, the chrome trim is missing on the nose.
I started with the trucks for the A&B unit last year, fabricated another pair of trucks for the aux power-baggage and welded the basic frames for models in winter. I already have made the two trays carrying the car-batteries (six in total, wired in series & parallel for 36V).
Each axle is powered by two 750W motors (36V) connected by chain (including an idler of app. 4:1-ration for speed-reduction/torque-increasing). However, the 750W power-designation of each motor is more or less a theoretical value, because I (hopefully) will never use or need the specified torque of this operating point.
Similar to my construction of the LWT12 the batteries are stored in lowered trays which will lead to a rather low center of gravity.
Suffering diffculties with the public getting of the tracks I have mounted signal horns. Not the usual small electric horns of a car, but compressor-driven horns of a truck (ok, only a two-chime horn - should be a three-chime, I know). The horns are 15" and 12" long, with an almost prototypical low frequency sound (in comparison to the usual small car-horns).
The horns and the compressor are mounted in the rear of the shell's frame where the prototype's radiator would be.
View from downside of the shell with the compressor next to the horns - the system will act either as a melodical horn or produce two tones simultaneously (the option which I have chosen/wired).
The wire-harness for two power circuits (36V for motors, 12V for accessories) has been applied.
The motors are regulated by a 4QD-controller. The accessories (fans, lights, horns) are relay-controlled and switched from a hand-held box which contains the pot and switches for the motors, too.
The two horns are placed next to the cab. Behind the battery-tray a bank with relays and fuses is placed (40A main fuse for drive-line, each motor additionally fused with 20A).
On the rear there is a connector that will supply power to the shell (fans & lights).
The shell now has been fitted with hand-rails; the accompanying ladders have been attached to the frame
On the cab DRGW's distinctive rear-mirrors were attached - in contrast to the prototype the model has collapsible mirrors to avoid conflicts during transport.